Compression therapy is a system that uses compressed air to massage your limbs, mobilize fluid and speed recovery with a pulsed massage pattern.
How does it works?
It works based on a principle called ‘dynamic compression’. After putting the compression boots and elevating your legs, a sophisticated chamber pulse system systematically and dynamically compresses your feet gradually moving its way up your legs to compress and regulate the hydrostatic pressure and improve muscle circulation. Instead of a static compression ( like a sleeve ), the system pulses for a more dynamic compression, further enhancing the movement of fluid through your muscles.
Why is important? (benefits)
- Before or after intense exercise it promotes enhanced circulation and rejuvenates sore muscles
- Flushes out metabolic waste like lactate and increases the range of motion
- Helps athletes to recover faster
- Improves circulation
- Enhances lymphatic drainage
- Reduces the swelling
- Exceptionally efficient for patients recovering from surgical procedures such as ACL, hip and knee replacements and any other joint, tendon, ligament or muscle injuries
Who can use it?
- Anyone can use it from athletes to the elderly or those that are recovering from surgeries.
What to expect
We use boots that will provide a gradient mechanical lymphatic drainage therapy.
Depending on your condition or the area being treated, we will place a compression boot on the leg. You feel a gentle compression (inflating) and the boot will form ideally to the body part being treated. The intensity is set and the unit will send pulses from the furthest or most distal portions being treated, such as a foot or hand. The vibrations will move in a sequential manner up the limb while employing a holding pattern on the parts that have already pulsated. This process prevents the back-flow of fluid. We push out the toxins and materials. The pulsing, wave-like palpating motion of the the compression therapy we use is similar to the experience of getting a massage while you can control the intensity.