Vibration Therapy uses a whole body vibration training plate. It is a platform that vibrates-oscillates at a specific frequency to activate your overall circulation, hormonal, cardiovascular, nervous and lymphatic system simultaneously.
How does it work?
When the vibrations are transmitted to your body, they cause your muscles to contract and relax which help your overall circulation in turn supply food and nutrition to all the tissues of your body. Certain types of vibrations may also cause your body to produce more osteoblasts ( cells that produce bone cells ).
Why is important? (benefits)
- Improves circulation
- Increases muscle mass
- Increases bone density
- Reduces joint and back pain
- Alleviates stress
- Boosts metabolism
- Lymphatic drainage
- Increases your strength, especially explosive strength
- Improves skin texture
- Detoxifies and strengthens the immune system (pumps the lymphatic system thoroughly)
- Reduces recovery time
- Stimulates healthier brain function
- May also be helpful for older people who are unable to exercise regularly
- Tightens your skin – improves your cellulite
- Increases flexibility
- May aid weight loss and trim abdominal fat especially in combination with an appropriate diet
- Spend less time at the gym for the same results
- Balances your hormones
- Enhances knee neuro-muscular control
- Improves proprioception and balance
- Increases secretion of serotonin and nor-epinephrine
- Helps with bowel movement
Who can use it?
The majority of people can use it. At CurAge® Med you will receive this therapy only after a doctor consultation. Not recommended for those who are taking blood thinning medications, have advanced or uncontrolled diabetes, have heart disease, are pregnant.
What to expect
At CurAge® med we use whole body vibration.
During whole-body vibration therapy, your therapist will ask you to stand, sit or lay on a machine supported by a vibrating platform. For example, the therapist may ask you to stand in a half-squat position with your knees bent. You will follow a short program of exercises adapted to your body needs.